When it comes to moving, time is money. You want to get into your new home as quickly as possible, and the longer the movers take to get in and out of your space, the more it will cost you. For some easy tips on how to save money on your move, check out this advice from a professional mover.
- Have Your Driveway Clear and Ready – moving trucks require AT LEAST 40ft of space, so leave your cars down the street if possible.
- Disassemble Your Furniture – Movers are happy to do this for you, but it does take extra time, so do it yourself to save some money.
- Pack All Your Things – this is another piece of moving a professional team is happy to handle for you, but again, time is money. The cost to pack an entire home is nearly double the actual move!
- Color Coding – Label each box with a color to give users easy direction on which room a box belongs in.
- Invest in Boxes– Using grocery store boxes or garbage bags may save money upfront, but using moving boxes that are similar in size will allow for more efficient packing times for you and your movers.
- Schedule – Schedule your move September-April, outside of peak season to save. Plus, move on a weekday to avoid weekend surcharges.
- Take the Day Off – take the day off to help direct your moving team and pack smaller things in your own vehicle to avoid the movers spending time on those items.
Moving is both exciting and stressful all at once, but Pearson Moving is here and ready to help take a load off your shoulders, literally. Get your free, no obligation quote today and get your move, moving!